Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object deforms when rotating

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
42253 Views, 21 Replies

Object deforms when rotating

whenever i try to rotate an object, that object gets defformed, and cant find a sollution looked everywhere :|, i made a print.. to show exactly what i mean. I hope u guys can help me with issue. Thanks in andvance

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Freeze the transform of the object. U can also try deleting the history.
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous

nope it doesent work 😞 i tryed freezeing but no result its still losing its shape and its only with that wheel or this project i'm in, its something wrong with maya cuz i have the same issues with every project i started 😞 and cant animate anything because of this bug 😞 everything looses shape when i rotate 😞

and also i allways delete history after completing certain modifications to object so my history is allways clean
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous

is it happening to every object u rotate??

If u hav any other version of maya installed thn u can import that tire into tht version and check if its happening there or not.
OR just export the tire in ".ma" and upload it here, i'll check it in my installation.

hav u installed maya 2011 hotfix 2 ?
Also try reinstalling maya, it may work.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous

yes this happends to every object i try to rotate

here is the tire
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous

i cant see the tire. did u upload it??
If u r having problem uploading it here thn u can send me tht file at my gmail ID "jodhani.micky@gmail.com"
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous

dunno why the file dindnt upload, i sent it on y're mail tough

also ty a lot for helping me out 🙂
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous

I have had a similar problem to this once. I had items Group/Parented together. I had ungroup and/or un parent all the item. Then delete the his history and freeze transformation then re group/parent the objects and that seemed to fix it. Don't know if it the same problem you are have do.
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous

Had the same issue, and this post fixed it.
Message 10 of 22
halfstone

This thread is a little hard to follow - but what does your hierarchy look like? If you have parented geometry to geometry, you'll get some wacky deformations on child objects. When you group objects together, you should never have a piece of geometry be the child of another piece of geometry - the parent nodes should be null nodes.
Message 11 of 22
jsm123

I had this same problem. I think for beginners, Matt P 3d's explanation is a little hard to follow.

In simpler terms, open the outliner. Find the group(s) that your object(s) are children of and, by using the middle mouse button, drag them out to the bottom of the outliner then delete the group(s).

This should fix the problem.

Message 12 of 22

I had the same problem

however I found that if you un-parent (shift+p)  the object then it will proceed to rotating normally without any deforming.

Message 13 of 22
miguelbettencourt

heeey!

Maybe because the object is grouped somewhere, try to take it off the group, delete History and freeze transformations, then group it again 🙂  think it will help

Message 14 of 22
rmolla

This is happening because the parent object does not have a uniform scale. The simplest way to fix this is to select your parent object, then goto the hierarchy panel and click "reset scale". You can also fix the problem if you put a dummy between the child and the parent because the dummy's scale is uniform, and because you're not rotating it, it's not inheriting the non-uniform scale of the parent before transferring transform properties to its child. However, rotate the dummy and you'll find it gets skewed too.
Message 15 of 22
complicit.bird

It is simple dude, all you have to do is open the outline window and make sure that the objects which are deforming are not parented under another object, all you need to do is select all the objects which are parented and move them out by using middle mouse button and boom! it's fixed!

Message 16 of 22
dodah98
in reply to: jsm123

Thankyou!!

Message 17 of 22
maxydandy2

That actually worked like a dream. Thank you mate

Message 18 of 22

Thanks a lot

Message 19 of 22
maude286

I tried the solution to unparent / delete the main group and do a new one and it worked! 😄 

Message 20 of 22
mihirsbcc

A perfect solution. It has to do with grouping vs parenting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums