Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Newbie] how to shift select - Object and another object's faces?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Rony_Autodesk
1462 Views, 3 Replies

[Newbie] how to shift select - Object and another object's faces?

hi, I am MAYA newbie and I watched bonus tool tutorial that you can select both Object and another's Object Faces at the same time, how do I do that?

for instance if I have 2 Cubes. I need to select first Object Cubr and shift-select Second Object's face.

how do I do that?

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anifex09
in reply to: Rony_Autodesk

just select the object - hover over the object you wish to select a face from - right click pick FACE - hold shift and select your face - done
Message 3 of 4
Rony_Autodesk
in reply to: Anifex09

hi, thanks for the quick answer, when I select the second object's face, the first object that I have selected automatically changed to face mode as well. here is the print screen for you to have a look =

1. I select my first cube

1.JPG

2.Hover over the second object, right click and choose face

2.JPG

3.shift select second's object face but the first cube is automatically converted to face mode and does not maintain being an object mode anymore?

4.JPG

did I do it wrong? or maybe it has anything to do with these selection mask?

5.JPG

I got confused T^T please give some little advice 😞

Message 4 of 4

ah sorry I have just noticed thats because I autoactivate my modelling toolkit, that is the reason it keeps jumping to face mode. thank you . here is a kudo 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report