Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing .lib files in the Maya 2016 developer kit?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Warhorse
2501 Views, 11 Replies

Missing .lib files in the Maya 2016 developer kit?

Hello there,

I have downloaded the Maya 2016 developer kit, but the most of .lib files present in the previous SDKs (2014, 2015) are missing (e.g.OpenMayaUI.lib, required by our export plugin). Is that intentional? Looks like a bug to me.

Regards,

Tomas

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
haggi_master
in reply to: Warhorse

The lib files are not part of the extra downloadable SDK. They are located in the maya default installation "lib" directory. The sdk only contains includes.

Message 3 of 12
Warhorse
in reply to: haggi_master

You are right, thank you!

Btw, the "devkit" and "include" dirs in the Maya2016 dir contain just a text file about the devkit on the web, but the "lib" dir is still populated as it used to be. What is the point? Is it possible to use the dev kit without any .lib file? Could .lib files be used within the Maya dir without the dev kit downloaded?

Message 4 of 12
alexis_p
in reply to: Warhorse

I've tried editing a previous project (which was compiling fine for 2015) to link with Maya2016 lib/includes but fails every time. I though the MayaPluginWizard could help me identify the differences but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone knows where is it  ? 

Thx a lot

Message 5 of 12
haggi_master
in reply to: alexis_p

devkit.zip->devkitbase->devkit->pluginWizard

I had no problems compiling my plugins, do you have details what's not working?

Message 6 of 12
alexis_p

Thx for the quick reply, but unless I am losing my mind, there is no pluginwizard in this archive 😕

Otherwise my compilation errors are about calls to fileapi (CreateFile, GetFileSize...) which are working fine when linked against Maya2015 lib and includes, but generates the following errors when linked against Maya2016 lib and includes:

Error 8 error C3861: 'GetFileSize': identifier not found
Error 9 error C2039: 'ReadFile' : is not a member of '`global namespace'' 
Error 11 error C2039: 'CloseHandle' : is not a member of '`global namespace'' 
Error 14 error C2039: 'CreateFile' : is not a member of '`global namespace'' 

Thx a lot.

Message 7 of 12
alexis_p

Here the full command I'm using for 2015 and 2016:

Build

/GS /W3 /Gy /Zc:wchar_t /I"." /I"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\include" /Zi /Gm- /O2 /Ob1 /Fd"Release2016\BakeProject.pdb" /fp:precise /D "NDEBUG" /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "NT_PLUGIN" /D "_HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0" /D "_SECURE_SCL=0" /D "_SECURE_SCL_THROWS=0" /D "_SECURE_SCL_DEPRECATE=0" /D "_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE" /D "TBB_USE_DEBUG=0" /D "__TBB_LIB_NAME=tbb.lib" /D "REQUIRE_IOSTREAM" /D "AW_NEW_IOSTREAMS" /D "Bits64_" /D "_WINDLL" /errorReport:prompt /GF /WX- /Zc:forScope /GR /Gd /MD /Fa"Release2016\" /EHsc /nologo /Fo"Release2016\" /Fp"Release2016\meshBake.pch" 
/GS /W3 /Gy /Zc:wchar_t /I"." /I"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015\include" /Zi /Gm- /O2 /Ob1 /Fd"Release2015\BakeProject.pdb" /fp:precise /D "NDEBUG" /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "NT_PLUGIN" /D "_HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0" /D "_SECURE_SCL=0" /D "_SECURE_SCL_THROWS=0" /D "_SECURE_SCL_DEPRECATE=0" /D "_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE" /D "TBB_USE_DEBUG=0" /D "__TBB_LIB_NAME=tbb.lib" /D "REQUIRE_IOSTREAM" /D "AW_NEW_IOSTREAMS" /D "Bits64_" /D "_WINDLL" /errorReport:prompt /GF /WX- /Zc:forScope /GR /Gd /MD /Fa"Release2015\" /EHsc /nologo /Fo"Release2015\" /Fp"Release2015\meshBake.pch" 

Link

/OUT:"Release2016\meshBake.mll" /MANIFEST /NXCOMPAT /PDB:"Release2016\meshBake.pdb" /DYNAMICBASE:NO "Foundation.lib" "OpenMaya.lib" "OpenMayaAnim.lib" "OpenMayaFx.lib" "zlib.lib" "kernel32.lib" "user32.lib" "gdi32.lib" "winspool.lib" "comdlg32.lib" "advapi32.lib" "shell32.lib" "ole32.lib" "oleaut32.lib" "uuid.lib" "odbc32.lib" "odbccp32.lib" /IMPLIB:"Release2016\meshBake.lib" /DLL /MACHINE:X64 /OPT:REF /INCREMENTAL:NO /PGD:"Release2016\BakeProject.pgd" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /ManifestFile:"Release2016\BakeProject.mll.intermediate.manifest" /OPT:ICF /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"BakeProject\commonUtils\Mem" /LIBPATH:"BakeProject\commonUtils\zlib_1_2_8" /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\lib" /TLBID:1 
/OUT:"Release2015\meshBake.mll" /MANIFEST /NXCOMPAT /PDB:"Release2015\meshBake.pdb" /DYNAMICBASE:NO "Foundation.lib" "OpenMaya.lib" "OpenMayaAnim.lib" "OpenMayaFx.lib" "zlib.lib" "kernel32.lib" "user32.lib" "gdi32.lib" "winspool.lib" "comdlg32.lib" "advapi32.lib" "shell32.lib" "ole32.lib" "oleaut32.lib" "uuid.lib" "odbc32.lib" "odbccp32.lib" /IMPLIB:"Release2015\meshBake.lib" /DLL /MACHINE:X64 /OPT:REF /INCREMENTAL:NO /PGD:"Release2015\BakeProject.pgd" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /ManifestFile:"Release2015\BakeProject.mll.intermediate.manifest" /OPT:ICF /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"BakeProject\commonUtils\Mem" /LIBPATH:"BakeProject\commonUtils\zlib_1_2_8" /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015\lib" /TLBID:1 

They are almost identical, but only 2015 works 😕

Message 8 of 12
haggi_master

That's strange. Maybe you should download it again? No idea.

But the functions which cause the errors are not part of the maya lib as much as I can see. It is possible that you have to include some additional files. This happens in some cases if you use a newer Visual Studio version which has some parts reorganized.

Message 9 of 12
alexis_p

According to AroundTheCorner and the docs, Maya2015 and Maya2016 have the same requirements (Visual Studio 2012 SP4), that's why I though my external lib wouldn't cause any trouble. I'll keep digging. Thanks for your time !

Message 10 of 12
alexis_p

I added 

#include <windows.h>

in my header and all is good. For an unknown reason it wasn't necessary until then !

Thx a lot for your help 🙂

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Make sure you download the devkit for your OS. I downloaded the linux one by accident, so no pluginwizard in that release obviously 🙂

Message 12 of 12
RonAndaya

I had the same exact issue. It looks like MTypes.h found in include\maya does not include windows.h like it did in previous versions. They now use some defines called  WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report