Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command working from editor but not when assigned to hotkey

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
601 Views, 5 Replies

command working from editor but not when assigned to hotkey

when using a selected axis handel on the move to or any manipulator. sometimes I can have a object offscreen  and need to reset the handle  to all axis. To my knowledge there is now default hotkey for this. I did however find that in the MTK there is a button and that button triggers the command :

dR_setActiveTransformAxis 3;

This command takes any manipulator back to all 3 axis being active. 

My Problem is however that I cannot get this to trigger from a hotkey. I have tried assigning it to numerous keys  and cannot get it to trigger. I can however execute it from the command line. What gives? is this a bug? I mena I should be able to execute andy command from a hot key. I have tons of hotkey macros and scripts bound to keys. Why does this one command not work from a key press?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pshwayka
in reply to: Anonymous

I just tried this and was able to create a custom script with your command using the Runtime Command Editor section of the hotkey editor. Create your script, give it a name, and save it.  

Then choose Edit Hotkeys For->Custom Scripts.  Your newly created script will show up in the list.  You can then select it and assign a hotkey to it...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pshwayka

yeah I know how to do it I'm just saying that when I hit it nothing happens

Message 4 of 6
tony.su

I tested, and it works.

1.jpg

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tony.su

So it looks like it has more to do with the Key I was trying to bind it to. I was using CTRL+w wich accoarding to the keyboard chart in the HotKey Editor was free so I have no idea why it would not work. I bound it to the same key that you did and it worked just fine. So why doesn't the CTRL+w work?
Message 6 of 6
pshwayka

I does work when I bind ctrl+w.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report