Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Pre-Highlight, Or Interact With Face While Rotating With 3-D Mouse

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jaredpYTYMN
493 Views, 5 Replies

Can't Pre-Highlight, Or Interact With Face While Rotating With 3-D Mouse

Hello, I just upgraded to Inventor Professional 2021, and it now seems that while im rotating my part or assembly, I can't interact with it.  I cannot pre-highlight a face, or click a component until I stop rotating the object and then click.  I never had this issue on earlier versions before and it really makes interacting with the object seem clunky.  Please Help.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CGBenner
in reply to: jaredpYTYMN

@jaredpYTYMN 

Hello and welcome!

I have to say, I honestly cannot remember a time when you could interact with a model while it was in motion.  I'm not doubting you, I just don't think I've ever seen that.  My first suggestion would be, since you just upgraded Inventor, make sure you have the latest device drivers for your mouse?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 6
jaredpYTYMN
in reply to: CGBenner

I am able to while running the 2017 version but not 2019 or 2021.  I didn't know if there is a setting to fix this or the feature was taken out but I don't see why that would've happened as its smoother in my opinion being able to interact while rotating a part.

Message 4 of 6
CGBenner

@jaredpYTYMN 

Again, have you upgraded the device drivers?  2017 - 2021 is a big leap.  Your hardware or drivers may need upgrading.

Thanks!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 6
JDMather

I suspect that you were previously momentarily hesitating motion (even if only for a microsecond).

The first thing I recommend that you do is Calibrate your device.

JDMather_0-1602091746627.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
-niels-

Just want to confirm the behavior.

I'm on the latest 3DConnexion driver, so that doesn't appear to be the cause. (10.7)

In IV2018, when keeping the model rotating with the spacemouse, it still pre-highlights the different components and when you click on a (moving) component it gets selected.

In IV2021, doing the same rotation, there is no pre-highlight and clicking does not select the part.

Window selecting during the rotation does work, though...

Personally i don't find this a problem, as i don't usually select things while the model is in motion, but it is a change between versions.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report