Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Remove Ilogic Form

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
meck
1144 Views, 6 Replies

Remove Ilogic Form

Hi All,

I have a part that can change it's shape when a user sets parameters in an iLogic form within the part. Once the part's parameters are set the user can trigger a save rule and the parts saves out to a new file. Once this happens, I want to be able to remove the iLogic form from the new part. Also there is an embedded spreadsheet that I would also like to remove. I'm doing this so that the part cannot be changed and to lighten the part file. Note I already strip out all of the ilogic rules from the new part file.

So in summary, is there a way to remove an iLogic form and or a spreadsheet from a part file using iLogic code?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MechMachineMan
in reply to: meck

iLogic.Automation functionality provides a way to remove forms. 

Look through API help or google for how to remove embedded documents.

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
Message 3 of 7
meck
in reply to: MechMachineMan

Thanks for the reply!

I searched google to find this article on removing embedded objects.

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2010/03/how-to-remove-unwanted-ole-links-in-an-inv...

This works find for removing the embedded spreadsheet. FYI embedded spreadsheets have no FullFilename so searching for "" will return the spreadsheet.

Any ideas on how to remove the iLogic forms?

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018
Message 4 of 7
adam.nagy

Hi Mike,

Might be possible, but I'm wondering if it would not be better just to have an Inventor addin instead which would check the documents and pop up a form if needed.

Then there would be no code/form to add or remove from the documents.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 5 of 7
meck
in reply to: adam.nagy

Thanks For responding Adam. Interesting suggestion. I'll check it out and see if I can make it work.

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018
Message 6 of 7
adam.nagy

FYI: just got the feedback that there is no dedicated iLogic function or API to remove an iLogic form.

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 7 of 7
AlexFielder
in reply to: adam.nagy

That's useful to know @adam.nagy, thanks. šŸ™‚ Addins > iLogic

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report