Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licensing - unable to use my license

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
daniel.c19
2463 Views, 8 Replies

Network Licensing - unable to use my license

Hi,

I'm having trouble using my network license of AutoCAD.

I have one AutoCAD 2012 network license. I've installed the LMTOOLS utility (v11.9) on a server running Windows Server 2008 R2.

When I perform a status enquiry, the server is reported as being up and I have a license waiting to be used.

I've installed AutoCAD 2012 on a PC on the same network.

When I start AutoCAD a window pops up titled "FLEXnet License Finder", I select "Specify the license server system" then once I enter the name of the server and click next, it displays "The FLEXnet license finder has completed. Press finish to return to the application."

Once I have clicked finish the box disappears for a few seconds then reappears asking for the name of the sever again.

This process repeats and I can't use the license.

I've setup environmental variables for ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE (set to @SERVERNAME) and FLEXLM_TIMEOUT (set to 1000000).

I've searched the forums for a solution and can't find one, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: daniel.c19

It's most likely an IPv6 issue. Ping the server from your client to determine if that is the problem. If there is no response, it's a firewall issue. If the response is an IPv6 address, then see my IPv6 fix in my signature line.

Let me know how it goes.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
daniel.c19
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the quick response, when I ping the server (name & IPv4) I get the IPv4 in response both times.

I'd already disabled IPv6 (I saw your fix when I was searching the forums earlier), any other ideas?

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Open up Internet Explorer and go to http://servername:2080 and http://servername:27000 and see if you get a jargon response. If so, your connection is working. If a page not found error occurs, then it's likely firewall blocked. Servername is the hostname of your server, of course. FQDN not necessary.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
daniel.c19

Port 2080 returns a jargon response however 27000 returns a page not found error.

So I assume 27000 is blocked, is this the firewall on the server, client or both do you think?

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

It's probably the server if I had to guess. Open 27000 on the server and add all 4 NLM files to the exception list. 27000 is the lmgrd daemon. 2080 would be your adskflex. You're almost there.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
daniel.c19

Looks like that was the problem, I opened the ports then used this fix to force lmgrd to use port 27000.

Thanks for the help!

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

Excellent!  Glad you are up and running!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
administrator

I am having the same problem, and I tried both ports come back with jargon.  Any suggestions?  I can ping the license server from the client.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report