Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Lic file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rklee
5508 Views, 6 Replies

Editing Lic file

Is it possible to edit the license file to eliminate older versions of AutoCad? My file currently allows 2013 through 2010. We are requiring the users to upgrade to 2012 and I want to force the issue by shutting down license files for 2011 and 2010.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JTBWorld
in reply to: rklee

You cannot edit the license file for this purpose but you can use the options file and possibly use something like this:

EXCLUDE 71200ACD_2010_0F INTERNET *.*.*.*

EXCLUDE 85536ACD_2011_0F INTERNET *.*.*.*

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 3 of 7
TravisNave

Excludes should work perfectly.  I have a starter file you can use in my Signature link.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
rklee

I appreciate the answers and I was hoping that I could edit the lines

COMPONENTS="85871ACD_2013_0F \
 85730ACD_2012_0F 85536ACD_2011_0F 71200ACD_2010_0F" \..

Guess I will contatct Autodesk and go through several contacts in order to get a license file for just 2013 and 2012.

Maybe I can put this on a wish list.

Thank you and have a good day.

Message 5 of 7
philip.s

rklee - I can provide you with a combined license file, however as you wish to separate the package, you would need to indicate what ratio you would like the seats split between the 2013 and 2012 releases to avoid over-licensing.

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

I would be more than happy to help you create an options file that works so you don't have to use a new LIC file with limited seat restrictions.  Stand by and I will create and post one for you.

Edit: Attached is a zip file containing your adskflex.opt file.  Simply unzip this file into the exact same location as your Autodesk .LIC file.  This file uses the INCLUDE option on a dummy group.  Anyone not in the INCLUDE will be excluded by default.  Thus, nobody should be able to launch either 2010 or 2011 with this options file in place. 

To put the file into use, reread the license file from LMTOOLS. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
rklee
in reply to: TravisNave

I had not thought of doing a dummy group. Excellent method, saves me trying to get all 280 users into groups. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report