Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Autodesk work with lmadmin?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2352 Views, 11 Replies

Does Autodesk work with lmadmin?

Hi,

Apparently, lmadmin is no longer available at the Flexera site - http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

"Users of FlexEnabled software must contact the publisher of that software to obtain license server managers (lmadmin and lmgrd) and related utilities (lmutil and lmtools)."

I can't find any reference to lmadmin at autodesk...does this mean that I can't use lmadmin with autodesk 2015 products?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

It works great.  I have a howto on it. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Installing-the-FLEXnet-License-Administrator/td...

The guide was created from a few releases back, but essentially it is the same thing and will work, so long as you use adskflex.exe version 11.12 as your vendor daemon for 2015.  Let me know if you run into any issues with the guide being outdated. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

yes i can confirm that it works

but Autodesk does not support it for their products

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you both for your answers..

Even though autodesk doesn't support lmadmin that doesn't mean i cant use it right? If that is so, where could i get lmadmin, if it's no longer available at flexera's website?

Thanks
Message 5 of 12
TravisNave

Yes, you can use it.  Just keep in mind that it is not officially supported.  So that means if you end up having issues, you'll get poo-poo'd. 

From a quick Google search, it appears that you can still download v11.12.1.1 here.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

getting poo-poo'd over here...

i followed the guide on how to install lmadmin, but i can't get adskflex to run. I get this error:

20:48:34 (adskflex) EXITING DUE TO SIGNAL 32 Exit reason 9

20:48:35 (adskflex) cannot create semaphore lock (Global\LM_adskflex_SEMAPHORE): 5

In the server where I installed lmadmin, i'm also running lmtools, could this be the problem?

Thanks

PS: The reason I want to use lmadmin is because its user interface is better than lmtools....would I have an alternative to lmadmin? I wish there was a kind of dashboard to check which licenses are active, which are in use by which machine, etc...

Message 7 of 12
dgorsman

Three letters for you: JTB.  Excellent license reporting tools.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 8 of 12
TravisNave

@Anonymous wrote:

In the server where I installed lmadmin, i'm also running lmtools, could this be the problem?

If the adskflex.exe is already running on that server (because it is configured with the LMTOOLS service) then it is likely a conflict issue.  You will want to at least stop the service and then restart the lmadmin service.  Let me know if you still have an issue.  The real-time reporting (and configured alerting) is definitely a nice feature to have and probably more geared for what you are looking for. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Hello!

The download link points to the 32-bit version of lmadmin.

We're running the 64-bit version on our license-servers but we're still on version 11.11.

Does somebody have a download link to the 64-bit version 11.12 of lmadmin?

It seems quite hard to find...

Regards!

Stefan Johansson, Linnaeus University - Sweden.

Message 10 of 12
TravisNave

Technically you only need the 11.12 (or 11.7) version of adskflex.exe from
the regular FlexLM and you'll be set.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I've been running adskflex under lmadmin 11.11 both 64-bit versions (or so I thought) under Windows Server 2008R2 and I've had issues stopping the adskflex vendor daemon using lmadmins web-interface since updating to adskflex 11.12 (Autodesk Building Suite 2016 for academic).

Yesterday I managed to find links to both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of lmadmin version 11.12 at: https://www.transcat-plm.com/support/downloads/flexnet-publisher.html  When I compare the downloaded lmadmin-files with the command: FC /B they seem to be identical.  SysInternals Process Exporer running on the server reports lmadmin.exe as a 32-bit executable and adskflex.exe as 64-bit which I didn't think would work...

I've updated to lmadmin 11.12 on the license server but I've yet to try stopping the adskflex vendor daemon from the lmadmin web-interface.

MATLAB MLM-daemon 11.13 responds to shutdown-requests properly though.

Kind regards!

Stefan

Message 12 of 12
TravisNave

Right. You'd need the 32-bit adskflex if you are using 32-bit lmadmin.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report