Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HWAA for Smoke 2015 fixed when?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jamesgrean
674 Views, 11 Replies

HWAA for Smoke 2015 fixed when?

Hi,

Just curious as to when HWAA will be fixed for Smoke 2015P?

We've paid money for something that should work and does not. 

As I've posted before, this is grounds for a refund under most consumer laws. It's coming up on 12 months since I bought Smoke and we're up to SP3 but no fix for HWAA? How can you have 3 service packs and not have this working?

Please announce an SP4 with HWAA fix and make this a priority over other fixes.

Thanks

James

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
julioleon
in reply to: jamesgrean

What seems to be the problem? I am running Smoke 2015 SP 3 on a New Mac Pro and there seems not be any problem. Maybe I am not aware of it!
Smoke 2015 SP3
Mac Pro 6 cores
OS X 10.10
32 GB RAM
Message 3 of 12
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: julioleon

On the new 5K iMac with ATI GFX, I get complete computer lockups when HWAA is active while working in Action.  

I can usually set it to 8x in CFX, exit then render it it normally works fine. Sometimes it will lock up then as well.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 4 of 12
joelosis

if it makes u feel any better it still bugs out on the flame side too
Message 5 of 12
mpixls

+1!

Mac Pro 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
Dual AMD FirePro D700
64 GB RAM
1 TB APPLE SSD
Promise Pegasus2 R4
Message 6 of 12
yann.laforest
in reply to: mpixls

Hi,

We are currently working on a solution for the issue Brian mentioned.

However, there is no ETA about when a fix will be available at this point.

That being said, we cannot confirm that James and Brian are referring to the exact same issue.

James, can you please know the hardware specifications of your workstation?

Also, can you please tell us if you are using a single or dual monitor configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 7 of 12

Hi Yann,

I have this similar issue as well. I'm running the cylindrical mac pro with dual D700s in a single monitor configuration, and can't use HWAA in action. It has locked things up since things were in beta. I've not had the time to test different settings as it sounds like Brian has, so I will try to make some time to do so to see if I can help narrow things down.

Best,

dc

Message 8 of 12

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Can you please contact directly if you can narrow down reproduction steps for the issue (yann.laforest@autodesk.com)?

As mentioned, the issue reported by Brian is known and is directly related to the 5K display.

On the other hand, the issue you are experiencing seems to be different (although it exhibits similar symptoms).

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest
Feedback Community Manager
Autodesk Canada Co. 10 rue Duke Street
Montr?al (Qu?bec) Canada H3C 2L7

Direct 514 954-7241

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: autodesk-logo-rgb-color-logo-black-text-small]
Yann Laforest

10 rue Duke Street
Message 9 of 12

Will do.

Message 10 of 12
mpixls
in reply to: yann.laforest

Yann:

This HWAA issue existed for me on a 2006 Mac Pro tower, as well as a brand new optioned-out Mac Pro. (master cylinder)

Each with completely different GPU's.

The issue certainly appears to be software related, having happened on two different computing systems.

As far as when it happens, I have had it happen most all the time when in CFX with any level of HWAA enabled.

Once Autodesk solves this incredibly irritating problem, I trust a patch will be made available to current and previous purchasers of Smoke on Mac.

Mac Pro 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
Dual AMD FirePro D700
64 GB RAM
1 TB APPLE SSD
Promise Pegasus2 R4
Message 11 of 12
yann.laforest
in reply to: mpixls

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Before going there, we need to get a better understanding of the issue and hopefully narrow it down.

Can you please contact me offline at yann.laforest@autodesk.com and we will follow up offline?

Best regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

10 rue Duke Street
Message 12 of 12
jamesgrean
in reply to: yann.laforest

I've had HWAA issues on new Mac Pro cylinders with both D500s and D700s. Sometimes it renders perfectly, sometimes you get weird glitches in the render and on the UI.

As other uses have said it's not limited to one hardware system. HWAA even cripples batch in Flame 2015 occasionally, not sure if this is sorted out for 2016. But assuming 2016 is behaving better, we would expect an SP4 release for both Smoke Perpetual and Desktop.

Surely testing at Autodesk (and by testing I mean watching someone complete a full, intensive job on different configurations of hardware) has shown these errors? If I leave HWAA on, there's not a single day that passes where I don't see a glitched render.

There are no specific steps I can discern to "cause" or repeat the problem. It happens randomly, but a reboot of the machine sorts it out for a while.

Mac Pro, 10.10.1, 3Ghz 8 core, D700s, single monitor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report