Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmask Edging Results Inconsistent with Trace and Soften

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kolsen
441 Views, 1 Reply

Gmask Edging Results Inconsistent with Trace and Soften

In my continuing attempts to get less worser on Autodesk Smoke, I was fooling around with some simple connect fx compositing to get some practice with the axis nodes.

I made a simple action node, combining color planes with simple gmasks over color bars with a single light.

The edges of the gmasks are showing erratic results in both the trace and softness edge options. I have attached exported images showing the wacky results. In Sequence.01080044.jpg, notice how the edges are lightened rather than simply disappearing, and the edges of the A letter are inconsistent, with inconsistent brightness along the outer edge. In sequence.01080044 copy.jpg, notice how the edge blending over the lower dark blue and black (the results one would expect) is starkly different from the rest of the blending where the edges are lightened rather than simply gradually disappearing.

Is this a bug or a feature? Given my high capacity for operator error, is there some button I've left unchecked or unselected blend mode that will correct for these erratic results?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
joelosis
in reply to: kolsen

first of all i never us trace, just adjust the softness to get your edge, from what i am seeing with ur little comp is that it is a premultiplication error, chuck a comp node in and change the alpha to premultipied, also be sure that your action setup is set to z buffer off

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report