Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRAZY 2015 subscription licensing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ksirul
516 Views, 3 Replies

CRAZY 2015 subscription licensing

RANT ON....So, I pretty much stopped using my Smoke 2015 subscription 7 months after I got it because it just was not working properly on my nMP trashcan, which, originally, I was assured that it would work fine.  There was no way I was going to finish the longform work I had lined up.  Happily back to DS.  I did use Smoke from time to time for some touch up work on some elements but it was still significantly slow.  I'm on 2015 EXT 1. I have 1 lingering film on it.  The last thing I finished on Smoke.  Because of some legal issues with the film, there were delays with finalizin credits and some other stuff.   So now I just need to output the film, texted and textless and back up all the elements.  Of course my subscription ran out 5 days ago.  I have had long conversations with my AD sales person and he knew that my system wasnt' working correctly and that I had abandoned it a while ago and I had one project on it that I needed to finish.  Well, now I need a couple of days to make a few credit tweaks and output everything so I was confident, that because of all my technical issues, I would be able to get a few days extension on my subscription to finish.  No such luck.  And its not just that AD won't give me the extra days, sort of,  but I'm being told that there is no way to issue a license, temp or any other without paying for it on line.  I can't believe that AD cannot extend my subscription without me purchasing another license.  I can certainly buy a month, but I will not sink any more money into this product in its current state.  Apparently the 30 day trial is SP1, and since I'm on EXT1, I'm told my project wont open in the trial version so I'm just SOL until the 2016 trial is on the site.  I was trying very hard to give Smoke another chance but how can I possibly buy into a company that can't give me a few extra days of subscription regardless of how many times I was promised in the beginning that this would work on the nMP.  And by can't, I was told, there is literally no way for AD to extend or even get me a license unless I buy it online.  How could there be no way to do this?  That means that if for some reason, I hadn't started smoke in 7 days or whatever time it is that the license needs to validate, lets say the AD subscription server went down, or our ISP was having problems and we were without internet for a few days, and it just happened to occur just as my subscription ran out and I didn't plan to renew, even if it was the AD server that was down, there is NO WAY that AD can extend the subscription at all internally?  I find that very hard to believe and a terrible business plan if that is the case...OK, I need a vodka now.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yann.laforest
in reply to: ksirul

Hi Ken,

This is a very unfortunate situation.

Can you please contact me offline at yann.laforest@autodesk.com and we will try to figure out a solution?

Best regards,

Yann
Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 3 of 4
mikeparsons
in reply to: ksirul

You're speaking to the wrong people that is not the Autodesk I know - they will sort it out.

Course it's Friday so i expect you'll get sorted next week in the meantime drink the vodka and chill.

Mike
All's well that ends. That's why its called finishing.
Message 4 of 4
ksirul
in reply to: mikeparsons

To follow up, my sales guy came through yesterday.  I got an extra month rental.  Yann was also ready to jump in just in case so, thanks guys.  Still frustrating that sales seemed to need to jump through so many hoops to get this to happen and even tech support said it was very difficult to do anything with subscription licensing.

KEN

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report