Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDM not working properly (hard edges)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
VirusPunk
341 Views, 1 Reply

VDM not working properly (hard edges)

I modeled an eye lid in 3ds Max with the goal of creating a VDM out of it. Everything in relatively even quads and overall decent edge flow. I unwrapped the model and created a copy of it for my low resolution mesh (it is my understanding that VDM will only work on two meshes with identical UVs). The low resolution mesh I have flattened on the Z axis, otherwise no detail is casted or preserved. However, every time I bake out a VDM the UV edges show up in hard (not smoothed) detail. No matter what settings I tick in the baking output (Smooth Target Models, Smooth Target UVs, Use Creases & Hard Edges, Smooth Source Models either on or off) the result is always the same...

I have tried redoing the UVs over and over, it isn't that they're overlapping or incorrect.

I have tried messing with smoothing groups, etc.

I have tried a multitude of different settings.

No results.

Using Mudbox 2015.

The alternative is to just sculpt an eyelid on a plane by hand, but the whole point is I want an accurate perfectly round eyelid from Max and used as a VDM.

Third image I attached shows my problem...

Is there any alternative to making VDM's?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
FalconCrest
in reply to: VirusPunk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums