Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO CJHANGE OR REPLACE TEXT ON AUTOCAD DRAWING USING EXCEL SPREADSHEET

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
simon.coupland
836 Views, 1 Reply

HOW TO CJHANGE OR REPLACE TEXT ON AUTOCAD DRAWING USING EXCEL SPREADSHEET

Hi There, firstly i must appologise for possibly posting this on the wrong site, the only options i had available in the Location DropDown were Spanish, Portuguese, French and Indonese I will try to keep this brief and to the point, I curently use AutoCAD Mechanical 2015, our drawings have a large number of text entries used to identify items on the drawing. When we create the drawing we give them generic names, we then send them out to the client and then return the drawing with an Excel list with their new identities. We then have to sit and manually change the text entries on the drawings to the neew descriptions supplied by the client, as you can imagine this is a long and tedious waste of time. Is there a way of copying the new text entries into the drawing using the Excel spreadsheet? the spreadsheet has both the original text entry and the new entry in columns. Ideally something similar to the find and replace function..... Any thoughts, tips, ideas and sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks Simon
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Slawomir_
in reply to: simon.coupland

Hi Simon.Coupland!

Try "Batch find and replace text" BFind program from Lee Mac. Maybe this will help You save time. Download lsp file, load it in AutoCAD and execute by typing "BFind".

If it helps accept as solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost