Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having some serious issues all of a sudden

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
191 Views, 0 Replies

Having some serious issues all of a sudden

I reformatted my computer recently, and upon reinstalling 3ds Max 2015, haved come upon some incredibly frustrating errors that I can't find any documentation on. It seems there are no answers on Google either, other than someone else reporting the exact same problem I have to these very same forums, who seemingly never found a solution either.

After launching the application, during its loading screen, an error window titled "Max.NET Unhandled Exception" pops up. It goes on to say that it can't access a random file. This time, the error says: "System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Ephere.Utilities.Evaluator' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\*me*\AppData\Local\Temp\kassw0ie.dll' because it is being used by another process." It's been different every time! So exciting.

Once 3ds max is running, I can't right click on the models without holding down Ctrl (I have no idea why holding Ctrl fixes this problem lol). If I don't hold Ctrl, a window pops up saying, "State Sets Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an isntance of an object. at Autodesk.Max.StateSets.ActionItems.OpenClose.get_isChecked()"

I also can't render anything. The second I click on the Render tab, I get the same error prompt as the right click problem.

WHAT IS GOING ON!? I am a simple 3D artist, and these lines of code are way above my head SEND HELP! What did I do to deserve this?!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report