Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A 3ds Max animation that can be distored to be projected on a hemisphere?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
267 Views, 0 Replies

A 3ds Max animation that can be distored to be projected on a hemisphere?

Hi,

I am very new to 3ds Max, and was hoping someone could answer some questions for me.

To frame my questions, it might be helpful to hear the end goal. I am trying to generate a striped pattern on a sphere that can rotate about its z-axis.

I then want to take that animation. Save it. Exit the program. And then be able to play it, project it through a standard projector, and have it perfectly map onto a hemisphere shaped screen.

I am able to generate a striped a sphere that can rotate about its z-axis. However, I am not sure the next steps that I would need to do to reach my ultimate goal.

Would it be possible to basically distort the sphere into some 2d planar animation that could then be saved and then played through any standard projector and have it show up correctly on a hemisphere?

Alternatively, can I start by creating a 2D planar shape that can be animated, saved, and played in a different program that would appropriately project onto a hemisphere?

Just to be clear, I am not talking about mapping the projection onto a different hemispherical object in the 3ds. I need to do this using a real projector and a physical hemisphere sitting in my house. -- I felt like that could be confusing since I can't seem to find the correct tutorial for anything like this.

Thanks for any help and advice that could be offered. I really appreciate it.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report