Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using same licence on two computers

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Eef-L
1688 Views, 2 Replies

Using same licence on two computers

I have 3ds max installed at my work computer and at my home computer with the same license, so I can easily work from home from time to time. I know this is allowed according to the terms of agreement, it says that if you run them both at the same time it would not work.

However one day after working from home I came back into the office and noticed I accidentaly left 3ds max open at work as well, but nothing happened, no error or anything. 

So does this mean that it does work, but it's not allowed? Or is it possible to get a fine or something? What happens if you do use them at the same time?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Eef-L

@Eef-L wrote:

However one day after working from home I came back into the office and noticed I accidentaly left 3ds max open at work as well, but nothing happened, no error or anything. 

So does this mean that it does work, but it's not allowed? Or is it possible to get a fine or something? What happens if you do use them at the same time?

technically nothing

the license agreement only says you are not allowed to use them concurrently it doesn't say you can't

there is nothing stopping you from doing this

this is really a judgement call

as far as i know Autodesk has nothing in place to control this

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Eef-L
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks! Just didn't want to get any trouble for accidentally running it on 2 machines 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report