Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still no news about 3ds max 2016?

380 REPLIES 380
Message 1 of 381
12sunflowers
13082 Views, 380 Replies

still no news about 3ds max 2016?

Any announcement or news about 3ds max 2016?

380 REPLIES 380
Message 61 of 381
cresshead
in reply to: sashpondev

is this a legit download location?
stee+cats
http://www.cresshead.com

3dsmax subscription
other s/ware:- Modo Blender Combustion Lightwave Zbrush
system spec:- 6 core i7 3.4ghz, 16gb ram nvidia gtx780 (3gig) ssd c drive windows 8.1 Q how many polys? all of them!
Message 62 of 381
berdinatilli
in reply to: cresshead

yes, its legit. the correct definition is leaked...
Message 63 of 381
alexnode
in reply to: dgorsman

It's a bit ridiculous to have NDA for the beta participants. Go with the
buzz autodesk it sells more.... Assuming you are developing something.

2015 was a waste of money. With our subscription money we could hire two
proggramers to develop plugins. Production ready plugins.

Toxic communities are always there because of incompetence
Message 64 of 381
cresshead
in reply to: alexnode

leak videos are out for 3dsmax 2016  on youtube..although the guy looking thru it doesn't appear to know much about max...

can't really tell what's new in it from the video but he fails to stumble over anything new from what i've sene from the video content he made...

I'm a bit worried...2016 was supposed to be a big release i thought...

..he said he's doing a maya 2016 video tomorrow and he thingk that's stonklingly good

...yeh..as usual then.

drat and double drat....

stee+cats

3dsmax subscription
system spec:- 6 core i7 3.4ghz, 16gb ram nvidia gtx780 (3gig) ssd c drive windows 8.1 Q how many polys? all of them!
Message 65 of 381
lightcube

The video of which you speak is about as authentic as having someone like Glenn Beck explain evolutionary biology, or even 3rd grade Math.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 66 of 381
cresshead
in reply to: lightcube

oh for sure he hasn't a clue about 3dsmax..must have found it in an arabian website near a low poly oil well...

Smiley Wink

stee+cats

3dsmax subscription
Message 67 of 381
PROH

... That video is more about self promotion than product information. After seeing it, I know how many icons on the authors desktop, but haven't a clue about what's Max 2016 bringing..

Still hoping the best, and hope Q2 will bring more solid info 🙂
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 68 of 381
eodeo
in reply to: PROH

Here is the Max 2016 first look video.

I love it. More viewport optimizations with realtime object highlighting and soft shadows- in contrast to point/iterative shadows in Max <2015. Also the fact that Max 2014+ would turn object to wireframe mode when selected was driving me crazy in new scenes as global default. I really like the new way. It looks clean, unobtrusive and easy to read.

Max is well on its way to be as close as game engine can be. I think that that is the future of DCC apps and I love that Max is leading the way. Other than that, it is unclear how much faster/more optimized it is compared to 2015 and what else is new.

Message 69 of 381
Stefan43
in reply to: eodeo

Okay, due someone even posted the links to 3ds max, maya, mudbox and more, I don't think there are any danger to provide what I know it's new in 3ds max 2016 anymore.

3ds max 2016 features:

- Max Creation Graph - Might be Ephere LAB or a node based Maxscript editor or something else, don't know...
- 3ds max design and 3ds max are now combined.
- Object hover glow like in Cinema 4D (mouse hover = yellow glow, selected = light blue glow).
- 3ds max 2015 plugins work in 2016.
- New Physical Camera.
- New physically based shader fx materials.
- Shader fx exports to string ray (Autodesk game engine)?
- New HSLS Shaders.
- Iray section helper.
- New PFlow UI and PFlow is faster than before.
- New adjust keys settings in time config when changing fps.
- Viewport speed increase.
- Direct rendering to Autodesk 360 cloud.
- Non destructive reset xform.
- Alembic extension 1 and 2 features.
- All the stuff from the extension 1-2 and servicepack 1-3.
- A few new icons in the layer manager.
- Render dialog UI changed a little.

Might be more stuff, but this is what I heard...

Message 70 of 381
cresshead
in reply to: Stefan43

ugh...I hope that's a bad dream...doesn't read as an exciting release at all.
stee+cats

3dsmax subscription
Message 71 of 381
c0cllc
in reply to: 12sunflowers

The Max viewport quality was really poor - compared to even SketchUp(!!!). So IF it's really true, that it got much better now -  then i'm totally happy with that, it would be a significant improvent worth the subscription costs. The viewport is basically what we are working with, so if they really removed that iterative pixels and replaced them by soft geometry and shadows...That would be big.

Message 72 of 381
thatweirdguy
in reply to: c0cllc

Sketchup viewport quality better than Max's? What version of Max are you using, max 5?

Message 73 of 381
cresshead
in reply to: thatweirdguy

yeh...sorta not quite got that point..max's viewport is pretty good..probably not as good as Maya as autodesk prefer to develop Maya in a really big way.
stee+cats

3dsmax subscription
Message 74 of 381
jens.diemer

btw. any news about python integration in 2016 ?!?

Jens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_bugs | https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_patches
Message 75 of 381
thatweirdguy

I was responding to c0cllc's post, claims max's viewport wasn't as good as SketchUp's.

When has SketchUp's viewport ever been as good as max's ,or am I missing something. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I would really like to know how SketchUp's viewport was better.

Message 76 of 381
joen88

I believe that 2015 version was a good one, when you include the extension packs of course. But if that's 2016... it quite poor... 3ds max is really a good software,I don't know why they don't give it more love.
It needs a fluid system, or a new hair and fur system, better cloth, avoid the dependence on plugins.

The python integration is useless. I hope it's a beta those new features. Most of them are not new, they are 2015 features.

Message 77 of 381
c0cllc
in reply to: thatweirdguy

That would assume i'm still with Win 2K i guess..

The way the viewport in Sketchup shows geometry is much more clean and "unmessy" to my eye. I don't know why. I'm working with max since 15 years though and i love it.So maybe Sketchup was just something new to make me feel like it's display is better.

Message 78 of 381
spacefrog_

Sketchup's viewport is great for the lowres, quickly sketched geometry like draft buildings etc...

And the clean, schematic material coloring and display helps to provide a clean look

It's certainly a more CAD like look and you seem to prefer that

Fill sketchup with the same geometric and material display demands people put on Max and you soon will realize that Sketchup looks good and unmessy because it's totally restricted.

Nitrous in Max is great and very fast ( finally after several releases), but the access to it's features and the UI to change all those is really bad. Spend your system a good GPU and you will not really find much better viewport tech ( Maya VP2 is similar, as it uses the same tech )

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 79 of 381
c0cllc

Right now nitrous is really not workable for me, those "progressive dots" make me sick when working all day. That's why i stay with the stock shaded viewport.

I'm using an old GTX 460 (Fermi, which shouldn't be too bad...) but am switching asap to a Titan X - i would be pleased to see the viewport benefits. Maybe Max 2016 will benefit even more from Maxwell.

Message 80 of 381
aon.914858227

Nitrous is a display-driver, not a display mode.

You model in shaded, you preview in Realistic. It`s still Nitrous.

You turn off progressive refinement if you don`t like it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report