Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVALID FLYBUTTON ID ERROR ON STARTUP

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
8441 Views, 8 Replies

INVALID FLYBUTTON ID ERROR ON STARTUP

Hi guys. I hope someone can help me here. I am a newbie with 3ds Max and I have had the unfortunate circumstance with it. I have been getting the INVALID FLYBUTTON ID ERROR for the past week and thus cannot work properly. I have tried following the instructions stated here:

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/maxstation/l6_startup_error_invalid_flyout_button_id_mass_fx_toolbar

but...

the problem is, i do not have the same directory path. I don't even have the ENU folder nor can I find the config file MaxStartUI.cui. I think this started when I tried installing Vray that I got off the net. I am not sure but, the version I must have downloaded may not have been compatible with 3ds Max 2013 Design? ( though the torrent says Vray for 3dsMax 2013)I have uninstalled it as well from my laptop, after which i uninstalled 3dsMax and all of its plugins and other components. Re-installed. Sadly, it actually got worse because now, whenever I'll open my 3dsMax, the 'flybutton' error would come up, then follows another error:

MAXScript-Auto-load Script Error- C:ProgramFiles\Autodesk\3ds Max Design.....
-compile error: can't find include file: startupScripts\vrayutils.ms
-in line: include "startupScripts\\vrayutils.ms

I really don't know what else to do. 😞 please someone, anyone...HELP! :'(
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Make certain that when hunting for files you set both the Search and the normal Windows Explorer to include (and/or show) "Hidden files and folders" then you should be able to find the files, then try the solutions mentioned it the other thread. The ENU folder will be there, but it's underneath a hidden folder.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

I am very sure that i have ticked 'show hidden files, folders and drives'. As I've checked now, it is still ticked. i tried tracing the mu file path again and the only folder i have under C:\Users are:

Default, Public, Samsung (my laptop's brand) and UpdatusUser

in reference to the instructions given in the link, this is what im getting: C:\Users\ UpdatusUser\AppData\Local

It stops there. inside ' Local' I do not have the Autodesk folder.

I only have this file path:

C:\Users\Autodesk\Autodesk_3ds_Max_Design_2013_EFGJKS_Win_32-64bit_en-US\

(after which comes 5 other folders that I swear to God i have checked for the nth time) ENU folder can't be found anywhere.

i hope i was clear in explaining. really appreciate it.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Use Windows search 🙂
Click the folder icon in the task bar
In the box that says "search libraries" type MaxStartUI.cui
Give it a sec if you get "No items Matched your Search"
Click Computer just under "Search again in" Wait this may take a while
If MaxStartUI.cui appears in the results Select it then Right Click "Open file location"
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I just did what you told me and it worked! thank you very much. How could i have not thought of using the windows search. sheesh. i renamed it and now i am not getting the invalid fly button error. this just leaves me with the maxscript error. i think i should post this in a different thread. thanks again!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Aileen,
I just had the same problem and it seems that the problem is fixed here.

Load your Max, ignore the error message.

Go to "Run Script"
Select "Start Up" folder and you should see 2 "MS" files in it...
Delete the Vray one

Close Max and re-run it... and you should not have the error message again 🙂

Have fun 🙂

Kevin
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

thank you! help
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks Dude

Message 9 of 9
miskokral

That is absolutely correct , Thank you mate for the solution!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report