Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing MSE scripts

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
17507 Views, 4 Replies

Installing MSE scripts

Hi, I just downloaded and installed an ARMedia Max plugin. So the installers have installed some ARMedia directories in C root. In those directories is a folder called "scripts", and it contains mse files and an images folder. So the scripts are encrypted, no biggie, but how would I go about installing these in Max (2014)? 

I have no clue what category they will come under either since looking for the obvious didn't help...

I found this...is this basically the procedure? Do I need to copy the mse files into a Max subdirectrory before installing them from within Max or can I just leave them in the C root?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ-SR0C0-tc

monks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

ok...I think these are plugins, and I'm not even sure that the installer has correctly "configured" them to work with my version of Max, as it's supposed to.

So, more generally, how do I go about installing a plugin in Max? Does a plugin generally consist of a single file? I don't think I'm going to get any help from the publishers any time soon as their boards are chock with spam...:(

monks

Message 3 of 5
CAMedeck

http://www.inglobetechnologies.com/en/new_products/arplugin_max/download/_current_/QuickStartGuide.p...

I'm assuming this is the set of plugins you've downloaded.  The quick start guide states to just run the installer, which you've done.  Then follow the remainder of the directions on how to use it.  The MSE files could be scripts that are called by the plugins or other scripting that was installed.  Their documentation IS pretty mediocre, so I can understand your confusion.  But it sounds like it SHOULD have installed to Max, so you'll have to look around for their supposed "button" that was installed. 

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CAMedeck

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. I'll have to try installing again...

monks

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Solved it. After trying a number of installs to obvious paths, all came back as invalid paths. Searching for help showed up a video...ticked away...no links on the forums to this nada...spam everywhere, people complaining about no replies to support emails...not pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOWuPoUoqw0

Install to the root directrory apparently...go figure...and the tool was in the MaxScripts, which is not immediately visible from Tools.

monks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report