Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything MCG

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
office
2436 Views, 29 Replies

Everything MCG

I thought it would be nice if we had a separate thread for MCG where we can discuss, ask for help, and post demonstrations, tutorials and files as they come along.

What is MCG?

TUTORIALS

It appears that first tutorials have already appeared for MCG:

http://www.elarasystems.com/insights/case-studies/elara-labs/

3ds Max subscription customer since 2010
| Max 2022.1 | AMD Threadripper 3970X 32-core | 64GB RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB | NVMe SSD Samsung 960 Pro | Win10 Pro x64 | Nvidia Driver 466.47
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30

In some other recent thread two people reported similar.

I tried hard to reproduce the issue but did'nt succeed

Do you have use any special input devices/drivers ?

Which OS ? , how's your input/mouse configuration in Max ?

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 22 of 30
SchalkPienaar8833
in reply to: office

Windows 7 64bit. Nothing special in terms of input drivers. Standard, barebones USB mouse and keyboard. There are some old wacom drivers but I can't imagine they would be affecting anything. This is from a fresh install of Max 2016, no preferences applied in terms of input.

Would you happen to remember which thread you saw the similar issue? I wouldn't mind keeping tabs on them.

Cheers.

Tags (1)
Message 23 of 30
Brink_Helsinki
in reply to: spacefrog_

I don't have problems renaming etc... but do you guys have a working undo in mcg?

Message 24 of 30

No, Undo doesn't seem to work. The rest does though - pressing Delete (to delete selected nodes), editing names and so on.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 25 of 30

I was just going through the tutorials here and realized that (unless I'm mistaken) you need to install your MCG tools on every rendering node you have, unless you bake everything down. Is that correct?

Message 26 of 30

Nope. It get`s distributed with the scene.

Message 27 of 30

So Backburner takes care of that? What if I send my scene to a farm elsewhere?

Message 28 of 30
RayCollett
in reply to: GeoffKornfeld

I was hoping to be able to use MCG to make a procedural spline object, but I don't see a spline as an Output.  Am I missing something?

Making pixels with Max since 3DS Max R2
Message 29 of 30

Here is the same, cant use keyboard at all, sometimes randomly after I drag the mcg window between my screens. But mostly not - nasty!

kindly

rog!

Message 30 of 30
michal
in reply to: rsparwasser

Same here,

Any keyboard input in the MCG is ignored and goes to max keybord shortcuts instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report