Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back burner 2016 won't install

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
andrewmcadam1402
8010 Views, 10 Replies

Back burner 2016 won't install

When i try to install backburner 2016 I get the following message,

' Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor'

Has anyone else had this issue and know how to solve it?

Andy

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

IMHO, there should exist a log file in %TEMP%

But why do you not install backburner with max?

Jens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_bugs | https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_patches
Message 3 of 11

I ran the main install, which installs max, backburner, material library, inventor engine etc... Everything installed apart from backburner which brought up the above error.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: andrewmcadam1402

Same problem, any idea? Could you fix it?

Message 5 of 11

Hi everyone.

I recieved an email from autodesk support which solved my solution

'To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please use the Microsoft Fix it tool for this here:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall'

I found the problem was actually to do with the previous version of backburner not uninstalling correctly. I ran this tool on the partially uninstalled Backburner, which removed it, and allowed me to install the new backburner! I hope this helps others...

Andy

Message 6 of 11
bobl1
in reply to: andrewmcadam1402

Worked. Was able install Backburner.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: bobl1

As a note, I am experiencing significantly slower renders over backburner with Max 2016 than rendering locally. This problem does not occur rendering through Backburner (2016) from Max 2015. If you are network rendering from Max 2016, maybe check that you aren't seeing a slow down (significant - scene takes an hour on one machine locally from Max 2015 and 2016, takes an hour on one machine submitted through Backburner from Max 2015, takes 7 hours on one machine submitted through Backburner from Max 2016.)

In all cases, Backburner 2016 is being used. A thing to check for anyone rendering through backburner, in case it is happening to you too.

Message 8 of 11
Vistral
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the Help!

i had the same trouble with backburner!

with the tool i was able to remove the wrecked backburner 2014 install and finally install backburner 2016 and it is even working! 

best regards , daniel

Message 9 of 11

This works. Thanks
Message 10 of 11

How about on windows 10

Nm got it

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: CURTISLAINE2199

Can i know how you do , on win 10??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report