Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max Student in games?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
PlungerBoy8
388 Views, 2 Replies

3DS Max Student in games?

Hi! I have Max Student (because I don't have $3500 just laying around) and I wanted to make a game. I know I can't use it for "commercial" uses, but my game will be entirely free to play. Will I still get in trouble?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
matthew.d
in reply to: PlungerBoy8

Hi @PlungerBoy8,

Welcome to the community!

Thank you for the great question.

With regard to your question, Student Licenses cannot be used on such purposes. Educational Purposes, as defined in the License Service Agreement, limit use of Educational and Student license types to purposes “directly related to” the instructional functions of a qualified educational institution. Objective for making the software free is to help students learn the software or the tool.  

In your case, subsequent distribution, publication, etc., whether free or commercial, of the work has nothing to do with learning to use the software, and therefore constitutes or falls under “other purpose” in the definition. 

Hope this clarifies things.

You could figure out how to make it with the student software, then purchase a monthly subscription at a much more affordable rate.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 3
PlungerBoy8
in reply to: PlungerBoy8

Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report