Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds 2016 Render Setup Complaint

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
654 Views, 4 Replies

3ds 2016 Render Setup Complaint

I just got 3ds max 2016 and have been busy setting all my preferences and UI settings. I finally opened the render setup dialog and immediately hated the massive block of 4 options at the top. Those are settings I have easily been able to scroll down to and change, but now they're constantly at the top of my window. They aren't settings that I need to keep tweaking. They're just a "set it and done" kind of thing but it's open over every tab and it feels like my workspace is significantly limited by them.

Is there any way to disable that?

Screenshot:

Render_Setup.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Posts here may never get noticed by Autodesk, the proper place for posts of this type is http://3dsmaxfeedback.autodesk.com/forums/76763-small-annoying-things where everything is logged and will be looked at.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 5
Stefan_L
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Although Steve is probably - as always - right, I'd like to second this request 🙂

I hoped for some editable code describing these dialogs...

And I'd like to know why yours doesn't look as messed up as mine or the one in the official help. The "massive block" is wider then it needs to be, wasting even more space 😞

Official help page

--
Stefan

i7-2600 @ 3,4GHz, 32GB Ram,
512+128GB SSDs + 2x500GB HD
GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB + GTX 980 4GB
latest Driver (almost always)
Win7ProX64 SP1
Message 4 of 5
mg
Enthusiast
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree.  This change was pointless and very annoying.  Now I have a much larger chunk of my UI taken up by options I rarely or never use, AND they are on top of the dialog.  

Message 5 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: mg

Clearly falls into the "we'll do it because we can" category. Never a good idea.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report