Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material using wrong UV set?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
337 Views, 0 Replies

Material using wrong UV set?

Hello,

I'm new to XSI and got stuck on a problem that feels kind of silly, but here goes.
Basically I have a mesh in XSI that I'm trying to duplicate, but with modifications to textures and geometry, the materials should remain untouched. We have our own plugin that is doing some processing and everything seems to work, except that the new mesh seems to use the uv set that was first created rather then the one that was intended. The original geometry has two materials attached to it and each material has its own uv set, so this is the issue that I'm trying to solve.

The new mesh is built up using CMeshBuilder, the uvs are added to the mesh through the CClusterPropertyBuilder, AddUV and SetValues, but I do not specify the material or shader. I can see the uv sets in the Texture Editor so the coordinates are correct, but if I look in the Material Manager/Texture Layer Editor I can see that both materials are pointing to the same uv set, if i manually select the correct ones everything looks as it should.

I've been looking at the documentation and also done some googeling but haven't found any solution, which is why I'm asking here 🙂

Any kind of help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
DS

Tags (4)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report