Upgrade now and save
Discussion Groups

XSI SDK

Contributor
buraque

C# empty plugin error

16 Views, 3 Replies
03-27-2009 03:25 PM
hello. I was trying to create an empty plugin in C#. After building the project in Visual C# Express 2005 and updating it inside XSI, I got the following error:

ERROR : 2424 - XSI failed to load a .NET plug-in. This error happens because the plug-in may have been compiled with a different version of XSI. Recompile the plug-in with the current version of XSI to fix the problem.
// <Plug-in: C:\Users\user\Documents\XSI_Projects\scripts\burtoDnm\Application\Plugins\xxx.dll>

However, I am using only one version of XSI through out the process. I also did create a add-on workgroup and placed the files as described in the SDK help.

any help is appreciated, thanks
Please use plain text.
Active Contributor
StephenCook4075

Re: C# empty plugin error

04-03-2009 01:59 PM in reply to: buraque
It sounds as if the plugin was not set up correctly or you used an out dated version.
Without seeing the code, it would be difficult to tell you what is wrong. Also you have to have a specific setup as well. I know C# can be used as a scripting language. I have set that up successfully a while back. If you could post the plugin and its version I will try to assist.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
buraque

04-03-2009 03:55 PM in reply to: buraque
Hi Steve. I have put it aside after getting annoyed. But after your post, I tried to give it a shot, and amazingly this time it worked pefrectly. I created a torus in Visual Studio using her highness Intellisense and it was a real treat.

So back to Softimage. so long Maya. thank you
Please use plain text.
Active Contributor
StephenCook4075

04-03-2009 05:25 PM in reply to: buraque
Great. Glad it worked out.
:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.