Wiretap

Wiretap

Active Contributor
derrick
Message 1 of 4 (167 Views)

Wiretap connecton crashes when server reboots

167 Views, 3 Replies
03-17-2007 02:14 PM
If I have some WireTapNodeHandles sitting around, and I reboot the server they connect to, then try to access those handles, instead of reconnecting, I get a crash.

This is on a Mac (Intel) with 2007.1 beta. The crash is a SIGPIPE in write, called from WireTap::ColoDescriptor::nonBlockingWrite called from WireTap::ColoDescriptor::blockingWrite called from WireTap::rcAPI::call from WireTapClientConnection::callMethod from WireTapNodeClientAPI::getChildren from WireTapNodeHandle::getNumChildren. (Phew!)
Distinguished Contributor
dlabute
Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)

Re: Wiretap connecton crashes when server reboots

03-25-2007 06:29 AM in reply to: derrick
This is expected and (unfortunately) pretty much unavoidable. A section in the FAQ of the documentation covers this in detail, and provides a fix. Only Unix operating systems are affected.

Cheers,

Dan
Active Contributor
derrick
Message 3 of 4 (167 Views)

03-25-2007 05:59 PM in reply to: derrick
Thanks. Sorry... I guess I missed that part of the manual!
Distinguished Contributor
dlabute
Message 4 of 4 (167 Views)

03-25-2007 06:03 PM in reply to: derrick
No problem. We're actually in the process of reworking the user guide and the samples to make the information easier to find. We will be polling the user-base shortly to get feedback.

Cheers,

Dan

P.S. Is the FAQ item on this topic adequate?
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.