Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrink / Tether Issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
924 Views, 2 Replies

Shrink / Tether Issues

I am looking to get more use out of Shink and Tether. I've listed some of the setback I've come across in hopes that someone can shed some light on a more efficient way to use these tools.

Shrink offers a variety of QT output settings. I mostly use it to make uncompressed QTs and H.264s for client postings. I like shrink because it outputs QTs fairly fast. The only trouble is, most of my clients have only standard QT components loaded on their machines, and Shrink seems to require a certain component to play. This requires one more step. I then have to save as a self contained QT. For a 5 gig file, this adds an additional 5 minutes per QT. This is on top of the 5 minutes it takes to output from Shrink.

My workaround for this is to use Tether. I will pull the reference movie out of Tether and drop it into Compressor and output whatever I need. This does take a little more time, but is faster than the 2-step process I have to go through using Shrink.

My Third option is to output directly from the Smoke. Though there is another holdup here because Smoke outputs a libquicktime which requires yet another export to make a standard viewable QT movie.

I am running Shrink 2008.6 and Tether 2008.5 in conjunction with Smoke 2009.1 SP 1

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy Huff
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
labuted
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jeremy,

Have you tried H264 outputs from WiretapCentral?

Dan
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i know this is a really old post, and Jeremy and i resolved this thru our normal support. The problem was that the clips were being encoded into AJA/BlackMagic 10bit which is not a standard QT codec and his clients did not have this installed. Shrink can use any codec installed on the host machine, and its H.264 output is certainly compatible with any standard QT7 install on windows or Mac.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report