Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Switchable Storage

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alatteri
672 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with Switchable Storage

When transferring a QT to a Switchable Stone, the result clip is garbled noise. When transferring the same file to local storage on IBM 6221 2007 SP3 or SGI 9.5, the result is fine.

Done with tether.

Alan
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: alatteri

Hi Alan,

Switchable Storage has no effect on Wiretap. Once a storage switch is made, the system behaves exactly as though the Stone were direct-attached. The problem is likely somewhere else.

The best way to know where the problem lies (WT or Tether) is to use WT Web to visualize the images, since it uses the WT API to create jpg versions of the images.

Dan
Message 3 of 5
alatteri

The problem is not seeing the Stone properly, tether is doing that fine, and shows the same garbage as the Smoke Player.

This is from my client:
"Of note I did get Tether to work once. However, that was before discreet "fixed" antoher problem we where having. When we upgraded to Smoke 2007 we realized discreet had never tested switchable storage, Smoke 2007, and SGI. Therefore when we upgraded switching became very long. Discreet made a patch that made that process faster, however it seems to have had a negative effect on Tether."

I am still diagnosing on my side.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I'm not at all sure what you're trying to say here.

Switchable Storage Customers tend to have VERY complex setups, usually involving combinations of Stone and Soft-imported workflows.
Message 5 of 5
alatteri

Seems to be a Codec issue on the persons Mac.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report