Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File ownership on new projects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ciaran2
510 Views, 3 Replies

File ownership on new projects

If I create a PROJECT node, the project directories created under /usr/discreet/project are all owned by root rather than the flame user, which causes problems for our project management system (I really don't want it to run as root). In particular the project's config file by default is only writable by root.

Is there anyway to change this? If not, could you consider it for a future version?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ciaran2

What version do you have? I'm quite sure that flame/smoke can properly edit/delete any project created via Wiretap. Can you confirm this?

Can you elaborate as to what you are trying to do? I'm pretty sure you should be able to do everything exclusively via Wiretap ... include editing project configration files.
Message 3 of 4
ciaran2

Flame can, because it runs suid, but my project management software can't, as it runs as the flame login user.

What I'm doing is incrementally update software that moved projects around outside of flame to use wiretap where possible

Is it possible to edit the /usr/discreet/project//cfg/.cfg file through wiretap? Admittedly I haven't tried that yet.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Ah ... makes sense now.

Wiretap 2008 is designed to allow you to access all project-related metadata through Wiretap. i.e. You shouldn't need to access anything via direct paths anymore.

The project.cfg, for example, is exposed as raw metadata on one of the setup nodes in the project. You can use the WireTapMetadataBlob class to extract it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report