Wiretap

gerrylyan
Message 1 of 4 (502 Views)

create a high definition video clip

502 Views, 3 Replies
12-03-2007 06:06 PM
When I create a high definition video clip node which is 1920*1080 RGB uncompressed in WINDOWS, I can't write frames into it. I am wondering why?

and why the format.frameBufferSize() is 16 bytes more than
1920*1080*3. How can I fill the 16 bytes when I create clip node?
Distinguished Contributor
dlabute
Message 2 of 4 (502 Views)

Re: create a high definition video clip

12-03-2007 08:57 PM in reply to: gerrylyan
Hi,

Can you elaborate on the error message you get when writing frames?

As for the 16 bytes, it's actually normal (but should be documented). It's used for internal storage purposes only, and you need not fill them.

All that is necesary is that you allocate a buffer of the size returned by the server and write the frame as shown in the sample code.

HTH,

Dan
gerrylyan
Message 3 of 4 (502 Views)

12-03-2007 10:16 PM in reply to: gerrylyan
I can sucessfully write frame, but can't watch the video on the server end. the frame is black.
Distinguished Contributor
dlabute
Message 4 of 4 (502 Views)

12-04-2007 05:13 AM in reply to: gerrylyan
The last time this happened, the WT developer didn't realize their source frame was black. You're out there and know who you are ... :smileyhappy:

Can you verify the content of the source frame? Are you displaying the contents of lastError() if the call fails?

Did you try the sample code? If not, I suggest you populate the frame buffer in the sample program with dummy code and run that. This should work, and then you can compare the sample code against yours.

What versions of the client and server are you running?
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.