Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clip node creation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
methodhai
734 Views, 6 Replies

Clip node creation

I seem to be having some problems creating a CLIP_HIRES and a CLIP_LOWRES underneath my CLIP node. I tried calling createClipNode using the resulting node from the creation of the "CLIP" node to use for CLIP_HIRES and it seems to fail.

Is there are a particular way to do this?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: methodhai

Hi,

A CLIP node is a container for high/low res video nodes and audio stream nodes. Creating a clip will automatically create the high and low resolution clip nodes using the clip format specified and the rules set up in the project in which the clip is created.

For example, creating a 2K 10 bit CLIP node in a project with 50% proxies will create the parent CLIP node, a 2K 10 bit high res clip, and a 1K 10 bit low res (proxy) clip, both of the same length. The parent CLIP will act like the highest resolution clip available.

In your case, once the CLIP is created and the number of frames are set, just drill down into the clip's children and access the high/low res clip you want. Run wiretap_print_tree on the newly created node to see what I mean.

Hope this helps,

Dan
Message 3 of 7
methodhai

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response. What I am curious about - is after I create the CLIP node - can I write frames to the CLIP_HIRES and CLIP_LOWRES or do I write the frames to the CLIP node itself?

What's happening is that when I write the frames to the CLIP node - our Flame system has generate the proxies before the artist can see them as a clip. I was hoping to di this from my code and not take up the artist's time.

Thanks.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Your choice. The parent CLIP acts like the HIRES, so you can write to it ... or you can target the child nodes. The parent CLIP lets you access metadata for each of the children as well.

As for writing the proxies, you are indeed correct that the WT client should write them. You can either generate them from the HIRES images you're sending, or trigger a background proxy generation using the bg IO tool.

As a side note, you may or may not have noticed that the flame artisit can work with clips WHILE they're being written via Wiretap. This is especially relevant for Smoke and long form.

Cheers,

Dan
Message 5 of 7
methodhai

Just to clarify - that means I CAN NOT write frames to the CLIP_LOWRES node , correct?

I have some image scaling code that I can easily use to scale the image data and just write them to the CLIP_LOWRES if possible
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

You CAN. You have the choice when writing/accessing hires. In the case of proxies, you must go through the low res node.
Message 7 of 7
methodhai

Excellent, I will give this a shot!

Thanks for all your help, Dan!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report