Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clip listing order.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alatteri
3156 Views, 5 Replies

Clip listing order.

Still tracking this down, but here is where I stand now.

Prior to 2009 Ext 1 wiretap was providing the clip list of a particular reel in the same order as it was arranged on the "Stone". Now in 2009 Ext1 the list order is alphabetical. Any info regarding this?

Alan
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
labuted
in reply to: alatteri

Yes, all Wiretap nodes are automatically sorted by display name. In your case, you can probably re-create the order of clips using the creation date metadata, which probably reflects the order in the clip library or reel.
Message 3 of 6
alatteri

Did this change with 2009 Ext 1? Creation date in no way reflects how a reel is organized. It might be assumed, but definitely not a guarantee and should not be counted on in my opinion. It worked so automagically perfect before. Edited by: alatteri on Apr 1, 2009 6:24 PM
Message 4 of 6
labuted

Yes, this changed in the extension (and in a 2009 service pack if memory serves). It was done to resolve a couple of issues reported by clients, including consistency between WT-enabled products. I agree with you that creation date is not necessarily representative of how a reel is organized. This order was not really promised as part of the SDK contract ... especially since it could not be set. Perhaps we need a sort order field in the node metadata...
Message 5 of 6
alatteri

OK. I consider this a regression, but thanks for the clarification. A client was pretty upset at me, now I can have them be upset at Autodesk. 🙂
Message 6 of 6
labuted

Fair enough. Trying to guarantee backward compatibility through a contractual API is not always easy, and sometimes we miss on 'essential' undocumented features of the client and server. Have the customer call support if they deem it critical.

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report