Wiretap

jschultheiss
Message 1 of 2 (133 Views)

Audio problem with writeFrame

133 Views, 1 Replies
06-20-2007 09:54 AM
I'm using Wiretap to send video and audio to Stone, and it "mostly" works. Video only clips work fine, but when I add audio, I'm running into some issues; essentially, they boil down to the fact that I can't get a meaningful tile size back by querying the frameBufferSize from the WireTapAudioFormat structure. writeFrame will apparently accept the audio and associate it with the video, but only if I send it all the audio for the clip in a single buffer, rather than in tiles. Obviously, this wouldn't be practical for long clips.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be? I can supply more specifics if anyone wants them.

Thanks in advance,
John Schultheiss
Distinguished Contributor
dlabute
Message 2 of 2 (133 Views)

Re: Audio problem with writeFrame

06-20-2007 05:40 PM in reply to: jschultheiss
Hi John,

There was indeed a bug that sounded a lot like this, but it was fixed in the latest version (2007.1 build 1038) which you can download from the usual ADN location.

If you are using the latest version, then I suggest you examine the createAudio.C sample program. The negotiation with the server for the tile size is clearly documented, albeit it a tad on the tricky side.

This step is critical since you don't want to send giant audio frames to the server, and you also want to align with the storage device's block size for performance purposes. Only the server knows it audio tile size, and it can vary from server to server.

Cheers,

Dan
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.