Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding other encoding formats to WTC

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
SimonPeterArnold
3357 Views, 13 Replies

Adding other encoding formats to WTC

We are running WTC 2008 and would like to add more codec support for MPEG2 and MPEG1 but currently it only supports quicktimes from the installation. Can anyone advise if this is possible as I am a newcomer to the app so looking for all the help I can get
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
labuted
in reply to: SimonPeterArnold

Hi Simon,

There's no easy way to do this in your version. Some people have hacked the PHP scripts, but this is not really supported.

With the latest release of WiretapCentral (2010) just announced at NAB, you can edit an XML file to add/modify/remove presets to your heart's content. We have also provided additional presets, including an improved H264 export.

There are a ton of other features and enhancements, so be sure to check it out.

Cheers,

Dan
Message 3 of 14

Thanks Dan, as we are only running 2008 on our suites would 2010 WTC still work with our 2008 systems?
Message 4 of 14

Thanks Dan, as we are only running 2008 on our suites would 2010 WTC still work with our 2008 systems?
Message 5 of 14
labuted

Encoding would indeed still work, but some of the other newer features (e.g. Import EXR/Red) would not. Note that I don't think we release WiretapCentral with v2008, so you must be talking about 2009, right?
Message 6 of 14

Hi Dan I downloaded ages ago from Autodesk after they launched the app. We are running 2008 build0.90. Another thing is we do have problems with audio some times some clips just does not encode it and other clips do. Any thoughts on this?
Message 7 of 14
labuted

Yes, there have been a couple of audio problems. To fix them definitively, you need to upgrade the flame installation to get the latest Wiretap server version. The workaround for now is to make use audio and video start from timecode zero.
Message 8 of 14

I take it you mean T/C on the clip in Flame that needs exporting needs to be reset to 00:00:00:00 is that source T/C or record T/C?
Message 9 of 14
labuted

Yes. It's the record TC that needs to be zero. WTC did not handle the offset very well in the first version (i.e. the one you have). There were two bugs ... one related to offset from zero and the other related to A/V offset. Support can probably identify the issues with each version and service pack.
Message 10 of 14

I will give it a go. When will WTC be available to download?
Message 11 of 14
labuted

No word yet. In previous years, we sent out the links shortly after NAB. We haven't missed a release date in many years.
Message 12 of 14

I will keep my eye open. Thanks for your help.
Message 13 of 14

Hi Dan,

any chance you can provide me with a link to 2009 WTC please as I would like to try that version.
Message 14 of 14
labuted

Please contact support for the latest links. They'll gladly point you ini the right direction. We don't give out links on public forums like this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report