Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete flat curves in the Curve Editor

Delete flat curves in the Curve Editor

(created when you key all, but there is no animation).

5 Comments
marcus_fritzen
Autodesk

Actually you could select those curves in the right list and then hit crtl+a with focus in the graphical view and delete everything wit del.

But I guess you want an option which does it automatically for the whole block?

/Marcus

dawn_mcardle
Collaborator

Hi, Marcus

The problem is selecting the curves without animation (not necessarily a block).  Sometimes, you have subtle motion and it's not very visually apparent by looking at the curves and you might not know exactly which attributes to keep.  You might inadvertently select a curve with motion and delete it.  I'm pretty sure Maya has a delete flat keys button.  It gets messy quickly if you don't.  Thanks!

marcus_fritzen
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
There will be an option called Remove Constant Curves in the context menu of the curve editor channel view in the next service pack of the subscription release.
dawn_mcardle
Collaborator

Excellent! Thank you.

dawn_mcardle
Collaborator

Has the Remove Constant Curves been implemented, yet?  I'm looking in 2015 Pro sp5 and don't see it. 

Also, I'd like to see these tangency options for curves (like in Maya): Spline, and the ablility to set the In Tangent and Out Tangent.  And I'd really like to be able to set objects and cameras to Motion Paths.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report