Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Simple UI and Standard UI

Combine Simple UI and Standard UI

Since I've been using Simple UI, I've found I really like some of the features, though I prefer to work in Standard UI to have access to more options.  I'd love to see many of the windows nestled together, like they are in Scene, but in Standard UI. (Real estate is important and I feel like I spend all day opening and closing windows to get them out of my way.)

I also like being able to quickly capture and see thumbnails of my Environments and Viewpoints and double click to activate them, rather than searching for an Environment in the Material Editor list. 

Or... just combine these two UI modes and add on the extra options to Simple UI.

4 Comments
sinje_thiedemann
Autodesk

Hi Dawn,

regarding the viewpoints and environments - I think this is already possible (but a bit hidden):

• You can have the viewpoint thumbnails in the Standard UI Camera Editor, if you activate View > Show Camera Tracks Editor (or just drag the "dots handle" on the bottom of the module to the top). This is essentially the same UI as in the Simple UI.
  • You can double-click on an environment icon in the Previews area of the Standard UI Material Editor to activate an environment. To have a better overview of the environments you should activate the filter for "Environments" (with the "filter" icon on the right of the search bar on top of the materials list).

Regards

Sinje

michael_nikelsky
Autodesk

While the Pro UI doesn´t have an explicit scene module you can just drag&drop multiple modules onto the same place in UI and you will get tabs at the bottom to switch between them.

dawn_mcardle
Collaborator

Ok.  Cool.  I just thought I'd mention that since I'd heard you're redesigning the GUI.

lukas_faeth
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report