Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRED Oculus Rift connection

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Roberthtwk
1049 Views, 6 Replies

VRED Oculus Rift connection

Hello everybody,

I have an oculus rift sdk2. I try to connect the oculus to VRED 2015 professionell. The question is: how does it work. The only availabel manual is for VRED 2014. (So without Oculus Rift connection)

All I could do is:

I load a part and change the view for oculus Rift. But all I see is a splitted screen in the middle of my Monitor. On the oculus is nothing to see and the headtracking also doesnt work.

Please tell me which steps I have to go.

thanks a lot

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dlincol1
in reply to: Roberthtwk

Click in your render window, then press Ctrl+Enter.

Drag the window to your Oculus Display.

If Oculus tracking isn't working, type setOculusRiftTracking(true) in the Console.

You may need a later version (SR1-SP3) that supports the DK2.

Regards,
Dan
Message 3 of 7
Roberthtwk
in reply to: dlincol1

Thanks for your quick help,

the first thing with the window and (ctrl + enter) works fine. (without headtracking)

Then I typed in the "setOculusTracking(true)" in the terminal, but there was no reaction.

The command gets green and there is no red message, but the headtracking still doesnt work.

I thought the VRED 2015 professionell (student version) is the highest version.

Should and can I upgrade it to sp3? (without costs)

Message 4 of 7

VRED 2015 does not support the DK2. For DK2 support you will need to use the 2015 SR1 SP5 release. The SR1 is only available for customers under subscription though. Also keep in mind that the Oculus Rift is still a Development Kit and everything related to it is still very much work in progress.

Kind regards

Michael

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 5 of 7

Hello,

I had the Oculus Rift DK2 working with VRedPro 2016 on my Windows 8 laptop. When I upgraded to Windows 10, the option to select the Oculus in Vred was grayed out. I reverted back to Windows 8 in hopes of fixing this, but now I am having the same issues in Windows 8 with the oculus option being grayed out. I then installed VRedPro 2015 and the Oculus option was selectable, but there was no signal being sent to the Oculus. My oculus firmware is up to date at 2.12, my graphics driver is also up to date at 358.91, and I am using the Oculus Runtime for Windows 0.8.0.0. If anybody has any insight/solution to this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 6 of 7

VRED 2016 requires oculus runtime version 0.44 which does not work on Windows 10. The oculus 0.8 runtime is no longer downwards compatible to the older runtimes so you can´t use it with VRED 2016. VRED 2016 SR1 SP4 will support the oculus 0.8 runtime and should probably work on windows 10 although it is not yet officially supported.

Kind regards

Michael

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 7 of 7

Thank you so much Michael! I am now using Windows 8 with the 0.44 runtime with VRedPro 2016 SP3. Everything seems to be working. Thanks again! Cheers! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report