Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-rendering a Raytrace solution for realtime

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Joelr7
389 Views, 2 Replies

Pre-rendering a Raytrace solution for realtime

Hello.

I am using Vred Design 2015 SR1-SP2.

I am working on a project that requires the ability to move around my Vred file in realtime. Some of the materials I use in RR-GL mode look ok but really look great in RR-RT mode. When I switch to RR-RT, I lose the ability to move around the file in realtime.

Is there a process in Vred Design that renders a solution in RR-RT mode then allows me move around the file in realtime?

Thanks for any insight...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
richardlevene
in reply to: Joelr7

Not sure if this is what you want but you have the Downsample option that will reduce the samples when you move around which will help increase the interactive responsiveness in the scene. Low, Medium, High) Then if you have anti aliasing on it will render to a better quality when you release the mouse button.

I do not know how you will get perfect renders with realtime interactivety in raytrace mode unless you have a very powerful machine or using a cluster of machines to render.

Richard

Message 3 of 3

The effects you get from Raytracing are mostly view dependent, so it is not possible to precompute anything unless you prerender every viewpoint you might ever use. 

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report