Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export a single .exr file containing multiple render passes

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dawn_mcardle
3936 Views, 10 Replies

How to export a single .exr file containing multiple render passes

I'm continuing this thread from the LinkedIn forum with hopes of some additional feedback...

A number of us are trying to output a single .exr file containing multiple render passes for compositing in NUKE.

My understanding is that in Prefs > Render Settings, "Export EXR in 16 Bit Float Format" needs to be selected, select some passes in Render Settings, then choose the .exr format to Render.

One of us said this works in Version SR1 SP3.  I'm using 2015 Pro SP3 and it does not work- several files are output. 

Did this feature get broken?  Is there a workaround?  Does it work in SP5?  Is there some other button that needs to be selected?

Thanks,

Dawn

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

I think you mean "Export Multi Layer EXR for Render Passes" needs to be selected.

Message 3 of 11

Oh, Richard- that option is not even in there anymore.  Under Prefs > Render Settings > Image, I see "Export EXR in 16 Bit Float Format", but no "Export Multi Layer EXR for Render Passes" or anything related in > Advanced.

Message 4 of 11

Well what version of vred are you using? Is it Vred, Vred Design or Vred Pro? My guess you are using Vred and the feature is only in Pro and maybe Design
Message 5 of 11

Oh you are using Pro I see. Maybe it is only in SR. Not sure.
Message 6 of 11

Yes, the Multilayer EXR was added in SR1.

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 7 of 11

I'm using Pro 2015 SP3.

Michael- I'm not understanding your answer.  Am I supposed to go back to SR1?  Why isn't this button in a later version?

Message 8 of 11

No, not SP1 but SR1. There are two current versions out there:VRED 2015 SP5 and VRED 2015 SR1 SP5. SR1 is the subscription release that you can only access when you under subscription. I

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 9 of 11
amaurer
in reply to: michael_nikelsky

Hi Michael,

i want to reactivate this topic cause the way it is implemented is fatal. The choice of multilayer EXR or not MUST NOT be in the overall vred prefs!!

This has to be scene depended like in any other render engine and thus be in the scene render settings.

Someone agree with that ?

I hope you could change this in future releases.

Andy

Message 10 of 11
michael_nikelsky
in reply to: amaurer

Yes, I agree with that 🙂 There are several options I would want to see directly in the rendersettings and not only in the preferences, so this is on our todo-list.

Kind regards

Michael

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 11 of 11

Yeah totally agree and have mentioned this in support cases a few times. Still waiting...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report