Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, does anyone know how to set a center pivot for an object ?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jenandcat
2598 Views, 5 Replies

Hi, does anyone know how to set a center pivot for an object ?

Hi, I just started studying for Autodesk VRED and it's fascinating. I think it's even better than Maya when rendering a car.

Anyway, whenever I select a surface from graph, I can't find a center pivot in the center of the surface.

Is there any way how to set a center pivot by clicking a button ? I can't find the center pivot button. thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

just open the Transform Module, the two left buttons in the toolbar will center the rotation pivot or scale pivot respectively. There are also some mor options to set the pivots like 2-point pick or 3-point pick.

Using Shift + Q also allows you to manually reposition the pivots (yellow manipulator with rotation handles is for the rotation pivot, the purple one is for the scale pivot). 

Kind regards

Michael

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 3 of 6

thanks ! that helped. but there is no way to one-click-way to the center pivot, right ? anyway thank you agian.

best regards, jen
Message 4 of 6

No, not yet available
Message 5 of 6

Also, there is the icon in the lower-left corner of the Transform window that centers pivot for whatever is selected (including multiple objects).

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
jenandcat
in reply to: dawn_mcardle

Found it !!!!! Thank you so much. You are my hero. <-:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums