Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREE: garage scene with Skylight Environment for rendering (VRED Design 2015)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
florian.dyck
2488 Views, 3 Replies

FREE: garage scene with Skylight Environment for rendering (VRED Design 2015)

Hi everybody,

I have just saved a simple garage scene in the Autodesk 360 cloud for you to use. I will add a Maya scene later where you can slide open and close the portal. Please let me know if you like to have any improvements. Rendered with Full GI.

Thanks!

http://a360.co/1qlJwwc

Enjoy

Florian

garage_01.pnggarage_02.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jbeau3d
in reply to: florian.dyck

Thank you Florian! 

Just curious if anyone knows a way to improve the IBL without substantial render times.

In the image shown it almost looks like firefly's in the background, but I'm sure its just low IBL settings? 

Message 3 of 4
florian.dyck
in reply to: jbeau3d

You are welcome J,

I kept the render settings really low just for the preview and as I was in a hurry. I am at home now and unfortunately I don't have VRED here to check where in the Skylight environment to adjust the settings for better quality. I can tell you tomorrow probably.

Normally, increasing sampling and using a good pixel filter (Mitchell Netravali) will help to reduce noise.

On the other hand the graininess is a feature of VRED that I like a lot from and artistical point of view. Of course it always helps to render larger than needed and then resizing the image later.

cheers

Florian

Message 4 of 4
jbeau3d
in reply to: florian.dyck

Thanks Florian.

Look forward to seeing that you come up with. I want to learn about optimizing IBL and GI settings for environments such as yours. I am working on one myself and found that incandent lights become a problem without the proper setup. Is it better to use geometry lights or replace them with physical lights. I need to do some test to see which one is more accurate and yields the fastest solution.

Regards,

J

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report