Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fbx version

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Joelr7
385 Views, 2 Replies

Fbx version

Hello-

I am using Vred Design 2014 SR1-SP8.

I am trying to export parts from my Vred file into 3ds Max Design 2014 to modify, then bring back into Vred.

I have tried to export the parts as an fbx as well as an fbx scene. The parts have been optimized in Vred prior to export.

When I import the fbx into Max, the fbx import interface says the File Version is 7.1.0 and the File Creator is Fbx version 2011.3.

When I click 'Import', Max crashes.

How can I verify the fbx version in Vred?

Any suggestions on what Fbx version to use with Vred Design 2014 and Max Design 2014?

Thanks-

Joel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michael_nikelsky
in reply to: Joelr7

The version you mentioned is correct, VRED uses Fbx 2011.3 at the moment. 

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 3 of 3
msymons
in reply to: michael_nikelsky

to be brutally honest the fbx exporter in vred really, really needs to have the standard options visible, like any other fbx exporter/importer such as max and maya.
also, why, oh why, does the exported mesh have to be triangulated? if a model has been imported as nurbs into vred, based on patches that are square (though, admittedly trimmed), they are based on rectangular patches. why then, must the model be triangulated?
importing a vred exported fbx in to maya, is an absolute pain to deal with.
triangulated meshes equals no edge loops or quads that make object manipulation and uv unwrapping incredibly tedious to work with.
(i'm running out of battery on my tablet, so i have to cut this short, but i could go on and probably will in a more detailed post anout vred to maya and back interoperability)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report