Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Variants through a simple HTML page/ through the VRED App

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
florian.dyck
1613 Views, 13 Replies

Controlling Variants through a simple HTML page/ through the VRED App

1. I am looking for a solution how to control some variant sets or play animations I created in VRED through an HTML page (by clicking on an image the variant will change or animation will play). Is there a short template of HTML code to edit and how to connect to VRED?

2. I am looking for the VRED App for iPad. I read about it but I cannot find an Installer or it doesn't appear in the Apple Store. Will there be a solution for Android, too? This would be really handy for a design presentation

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
seiferp
in reply to: florian.dyck

Hi,

you can access the vred app via the html browser on your pc or i-pad. Type localhost:8888 in your webbrowser to test this on your local machine.

Do not forget to enable the web server in your vred preferences>webinterface

cheers

Pascal

Message 3 of 14
florian.dyck
in reply to: seiferp

Hello Pascal,

thank you for the tip. I can access the webinterface, it is displaying the scenegraph, but I cannot access the VREDapp, there is a "Error 404: Not Found File not found" message. Also I have only basic HTML programming knowledge and some copy paste sample code would be very helpful... how to connect an image in html sending code to execute for VRED, thus creating a basic GUI layout for my model to control.

best regards

Florian

Message 4 of 14
seiferp

Vred app is in Vred Pro available only! You mentioned somewhere you are learning Vred Design, right?

Creating icons for the app gui is very simple. RMB on the variant set and "create preview". The rendererd image will appear in the app immediately. No need to learn html language.

Außenlackierung.png

Message 5 of 14
florian.dyck

I have VRED Pro 2014 SR1-SP5. I created the preview, but it still didn't show up, there was still the error 404...

And I want to try to use the VREDapp on my computer, with VRED running on my computer, too.

Also where do I get the VREDapp for iPad?

Message 6 of 14
seiferp

1. Have you enabled the webserver in the vred preferences?

2. Is your firewall blocking sth.?

The Vred app isn´t a app you can find in the apple store Smiley Very Happy Your webbrowser is the app! 

yourIP:8888

Message 7 of 14
florian.dyck

1. yes, webserver is enabled

2. Firewall is not blocking VRED

The error 404 appears when I click the VREDapp link. The Scenegraph is displayed properly through the browser. Does the VREDapp need to be in a specific folder?

Message 8 of 14

Please try to open a port instead of the application. Usually the Webservice is listening to port 8888

Message 9 of 14

Now I have updated to VRED 2015 and it is working. Only have to figure out how to connect an iPad to a Windows Workstation. So at least I am half-happySmiley Happy

Message 10 of 14

Well, you need to have your workstation and the Ipad in the network, and open port 8888 on your workstation

Hope that helps

-Alex

Message 11 of 14
seiferp

1. open VRED and make sure the Webserver is enabled

2. check the IPv4 Address of your local machine. should be sth. like 10.146.xx.xx

3. open the webbrowser on your I-Pad and type 10.146.xx.xx:8888

4. select VRED APP and go to "Options"

5. "Add new connection" and type your IP 10.146.xx.xx and the port 8888

6. select "back"

connection between your I-Pad and your local machine should work fine now

cheers

Pascal

Message 12 of 14
florian.dyck

Sorry for being a pain.

- now that the VRED App is running, the preview icons are sometimes not rendering the way I want. A car on a plane with shadow material/ transparent opacity is rendering black so there is the plane visible below the car instead of only the shadow.

- to switch between Block and List display doesn't change anything (I assume "Block" means all icons of a variant group will be tiled in lines and columns, whereas "List" will just put them in lines one under the other)

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for any message.

Florian

Message 13 of 14
momay
in reply to: alexander.grasse

ya I can't get it to with my Ipad also.

It works perfectly from the comptuers web brouser.

My ipad and computer are on the same network, and the ffirewall is turn off.

I might be just needed some sys admn type help?

Momay

Message 14 of 14
momay
in reply to: alexander.grasse

Ya I can't get it to woth with my Ipad.

It works perfectly from the comptuers web brouser.

My ipad and computer are on the same network, and the ffirewall is turn off.

I might need some sys admin help?

Momay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report