Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Texts on the tire sidewwalls

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dutchy4c
679 Views, 3 Replies

Color Texts on the tire sidewwalls

Continuing from a post I started on the LinkedIn forum, I am posting an example of what I am trying to do. I want to retain the detailed bump files as for instance shown in the sample file, but I want some of text colored, like GoodYear and Pirelli are doing in racing. In the attached example I made a separate file of the text part and saved it as a GIF with transparancy, and then added it to the shader as a decal, and had to scale and reposition it to make it fit.

I had hoped thta it could all be done by just clicking the Diffuse option, and ensuring that all translations of all files would be identical, but in trying that I did not get an acceptable color result at all.

What would be a proper method for getting this done efficiently?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
richardlevene
in reply to: dutchy4c

I am wondering why you are seing colour weirdness when you put it into the diffuse texture slot.

Is there a reason you are using a gif format? Have you tried jpeg or png?

Actually I see you are using the automotive example flle. So I am assuming you are trying to put the image into the Tire Material?

If so you have to make sure you then turn the Diffuse Colour up to white. When you use a texture, that diffuse colour parameter acts as a multiplier. So by default in that material it is set to a low black. So you want to create a new diffuse texture image with that low black as the base and then the text whatever colour you want.

You will also need to create a plain black image for the the Profile diffuse slot. Otherwise it will use white of the diffuse colour slot for that.

See screenshots.

Rich

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: richardlevene

That last part, about the plain black for the profile.. THAT is the part that resolved everything. The rest made sense but gave me white or colored profile. They are related in the same shader.. Duh..

Thank you again Richard.

Message 4 of 4
richardlevene
in reply to: Anonymous

Good to hear!

Best,

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report