Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change camera transformation sensitivity

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
florian.dyck
4282 Views, 4 Replies

Change camera transformation sensitivity

Hi,

does anyone know how to change the camera transformation sensitivity in VRED? When I focus a whole object (car) in my scene the "pan" sensitivity is ok, slow. But when I focus a very small object, a screw for example, the panning gets very fast and even if I move the mouse only a bit the car is disappearing out of my render view immediately. I don't find any attribute in the camera editor, but I would like to keep the speed of the movement at a certain value.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I experience same issue. Would love to know how to control it or if not possible, get it fixed.

Message 3 of 5

you need to adjust the clipping plane of the camera. Usually the clipping plane should be around the dimensions of the currently focused obejct.

Usually, when you press "f" for focus, the clipping plane should adjust automatically.

hope that helps

-Alex

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

the panning speed is related to the distance of the camera to the object on which you started panning with the middle mouse button.

So, if you start panning with the cursor positioned above the screw, the camera shouldn't move too fast in relation to the screw. If you start panning with the cursor above an object that is far away from the screw, your camera will move quite fast in relation to the screw.

Best regards
Sinje

Message 5 of 5

Thank you Sinje,

I try to keep that in mind although I think it will be quite hard to get accustomed to it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report