Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Viewpoint position while tracking a HMD

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dlincol1
1476 Views, 7 Replies

Camera Viewpoint position while tracking a HMD

I'm trying to capture the global Viewpoint coordinates of the camera while tracking a HMD.

When I use Camera, Create Viewpoint the results are 0,0,0.

If I render an image with Camera Meta Data enabled that does save the position but it's not usable to me in that format.

Using 2015 SP1.

Regards,

Dan

Regards,
Dan
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
marcus_fritzen
in reply to: dlincol1

Unfortunately in the current implementation tracking values do not affect the viepoint position.

Regards,

Marcus

Marcus Fritzen
Principal Engineer
Message 3 of 8

I think he is trying to capture the current values of the Camera coordinates while tracking.

Am I right?

-Alex

Message 4 of 8
dlincol1
in reply to: alexander.grasse

Yes, that is correct Alex.

Regards,
Dan
Message 5 of 8
marcus_fritzen

As I wrote, unfortunately this is not directly possible right now over the camera editor. There might be a solution to get those values via python. Try getting the world matrix of the camera root node of the current render window with "matrix = getCamNode(-1).getWorldTransform()". The translation xyz values are matrix[3], matrix[7] and matrix[11]. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Marcus

Marcus Fritzen
Principal Engineer
Message 6 of 8
dlincol1
in reply to: marcus_fritzen

Yes, this works for me.  Smiley Very Happy Thanks Marcus!

Regards,
Dan
Message 7 of 8
sgreenw2

Doesn't work for me Dan!  I am trying to align out HMD to VRED and I can not get any consistancy.  Rotating about the Y or move the headset up and the camera pans in X. 

Message 8 of 8
deyaditi6

Hi,

Can you please share the python script to implement this. I am new to vred and also to python scripting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report