Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera - Dolly Zoom, Camera Aim and Up

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
florian.dyck
997 Views, 3 Replies

Camera - Dolly Zoom, Camera Aim and Up

Hi,

1. I just created a camera with animation (camera following a driving car and moving around the car during driving). Now I needed to adjust some keyframes because at some point the car went out of view a little bit. I switched on Dolly Zoom in the camera editor and somehow the camera did something completely different afterwards. The car was not at all in view somehow.

Does anyone know how to solve it? Did you encounter a similar problem? I already read the camera rolling topic and importing cameras from Maya, but I think this is a different topic.

2. You can create a Camera with aim and up in the camera editor, but I don't know how to animate this all together, Also I didn't find a tutorial on Youtube or in the documentation.

Thank you for any help!

Florian

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
florian.dyck
in reply to: florian.dyck

Forget about point 2. I already found out that it works as in Maya.Smiley Happy

Would be nice to have a camera as help geometry

Message 3 of 4

Hey

It would be a great help if you tell me how to do camera animation. Simple workflow in words will also help. Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 4

Hi Florian,

I am not sure if the dolly zoom option is what you want. The dolly zoom creates a camera effect which depends on the focal length and the distance to the point of interest. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_zoom)

If you want to modify your animation, you need to adjust the keyframes.

Cheers,

Marcus

Marcus Fritzen
Principal Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report