Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animate camera change duration locked and animating visibility issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
618 Views, 5 Replies

Animate camera change duration locked and animating visibility issues

Hello everyone.

I have two problems.

1.) The duration for the "Animate camera change" below the "Animation" tab for viewports, perspective and animation cameras is locked - it says "25" frames but I need much more to have a soft camera change...Is there a way to enable this setting and change it?

2.) Is there any comfortable way to fade objects in and out by using a keyframed animation of the "visible" track? I noticed that this value can only be 1 or 0, but nothing inbetween (like fading in 15 frames from 0.25 to 0.75). It is no option for me to animate the transparency channel of all attached materials, as for complex scenes this would mean to make huge amount of duplicated materials, just to fade in or out several objects which all have different materials...

I hope there is somebody who can help me with this, thanks in advance!

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dawn_mcardle
in reply to: Anonymous

1.  When you click on Animate Camera Change, it should unlock and you should be able to type a number.  You have to stop the turntable animation in order to adjust this.

2. Select all your materials for which you want to animate the transparency. (They should be hi-lighted under Materials- do this in Simple UI, it's easier)  Bring up the Animation Wizard (Animation button, which brings up Clip Editor) and select Material.  With your materials the way you want them, Capture Start.  (You can set the 1st and last keys, in seconds).  Now, change the transparency (or any attribute) of all the selected materials and Capture End.  Finish.  You can tweak the Clips or Curves.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dawn_mcardle

Thank you dawn for your quick reply.

I'm afraid the animation change duration does not unlock...I made a fresh scene with only a cube and two viewpoints and I am still not able to unlock this setting. I'm not sure if I'm actually doing a turntable animation - where can I stop this, or at least see if I'm creating one?

So there is no way to animate the transparency of an object without animating its material? - I have like 60 materials in my scene - and I want to fade several objects, which share materials with objects, that I don't want to fade..

Message 4 of 6
dawn_mcardle

Tell me what you are trying to accomplish with the duration.  Are you looking to change the frames per second?  If so, there is a little wrench icon at the end of the Animation Timeline.

I don't know of any other way to animate visibility, except to edit it in post.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dawn_mcardle

I want to make the animated transition between two viewpoints last longer, when I change from one to another - So it looks smoother. It is by default 25 frames, but I want it to be something like 125...

Okay, thank you for this information.

Message 6 of 6
cgonzalez

I'm still unclear about how to animate transparancy smoothly over several frames.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report