Visualization

Visualization

Contributor
dunconius
Message 1 of 2 (745 Views)

weird circle patches in my renders

745 Views, 1 Replies
11-20-2010 10:57 PM

I've just started using AutoCAD 2009 to render some images after using 3DSmax for a few years and i've forgotten most of the stuff i knew about render settings in cad. I've gone to render this image and it comes out with these wierd circular light and dark patches everywhere. Can anyone tell me what's going on here and how i fix it?

At this stage i've just got 10 point lights stuck in the ceiling; 0.2 intensity, shadows on, 2000 Cd lamp intensity. Any advice on getting decent lighting effects would be greatly appreciated. I've attached an image to help show the problem.

Thanks

2041iC4C9E1C18CDBDDAA

kalmdown
Message 2 of 2 (667 Views)

Re: weird circle patches in my renders

01-14-2011 10:20 AM in reply to: dunconius

Try:

1. Turn on Final Gather if the image only has GI with 50 rays or less. Best to start with 10, and go up.
  2. Specify a GI/Final Gather Radius size.

Use Final Gather and specify radius size, and start low, or you may get insane rendering times with not much additional quality. Remove furniture, do the tests until the circle patches are removed, and then turn the furniture back on.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.